FOR THE DOUGH:
- 250 grams (8.8 oz) of butter at room temperature
- 200 grams (7 oz) of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 380 grams (13.4 oz) of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- 25 grams (0.9 oz) of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 25 grams (0.9 oz) of bitter cocoa
- A pinch of salt
FOR THE DECORATION:
- 3 tablespoons of strawberry or apricot jam
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 70 grams (2.5 oz) of white chocolate
- Ground pistachios
- Grated coconut
- In a bowl or mixer, beat the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the sugar and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the yolk.
- Gradually add the flour with the pinch of salt.
- Once everything is well integrated, divide the mixture into two equal parts.
- Add the cocoa to the first half, and the vanilla and cornstarch to the other.
- Place a mixture in a pastry bag, make figures as seen in the photos.
- Keep them separate from one another.
- Then, do the same with the other mix.
- Refrigerate for ideally about 20 minutes on the same tray.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then melt the chocolate chips. Choose a couple of cookies and dip one end of each cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle some ground pistachio or grated coconut on top.
- Then do the same with the white chocolate.
- With the round cookies, you can place a little bit of jam in the center as you can see in the photos.
- They last about 5 days, if they are well stored in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: Sweet doughs
Keywords: cookies, Christmas