As a “porteña” that I am, which is how people from my hometown of Valparaiso (in Chile) are often called, I have always been a fan of seafood in general, but shrimp has always been on the list of my favorite marine products. Now, taking that into consideration, and whenever the weekend arrives, then there are great instances for sharing with family and friends, with great food causing the union of these gatherings. That’s why I always try to think what tasty recipes I can make with ingredients that are easy to find and prepare.
This time I wanted to make something to share with a large group of friends in my house, and for that I turned to the Vive Mejor website to search for an idea that would allow me to make a delicious recipe, and that wouldn’t require a lot of time to prepare, and I finally found this delicious recipe of “Shrimp ceviche with tortilla chips“.
I wanted to make a little change in the presentation, serving it in small glass cups. I also added avocado by mixing it in the ceviche itself, and including the tortilla chips in order to taste this yummy and fresh shrimp ceviche, which will undoubtedly be a great success among my guests.Print
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 3/4 teaspoons of Knorr® Shrimp flavor bouillon
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange), finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1/4 cup of Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado
- Tortillas chips
- Chopped cilantro
- Once the shrimps have been peeled and deveined, put them in a bowl and mix with the Knorr shrimp flavor bouillon, let it stand for a few minutes.
- Then in a nonstick skillet, heat the oil and fry the shrimp for about 3 minutes. Be cautious, as when the shrimps just turn pink, it’s because they are ready.
- Once ready, cut the shrimps into medium pieces and put them in a bowl to mix them with the rest of the ingredients. Leave this mix stand for about 15 minutes.
- Then, before serving, mix with the avocado, diced in small cubes.
- Serve in small cups or glasses, including tortilla chips.
You can also find many more ideas and recipes in ViveMejor and also in their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And I encourage you to dare giving your own adaptation to this delicious recipe that I present here today.