I customized this rice recipe based on the ingredients I had at home at the time. The result was simply fabulous. I totally recommend it! That mix between the rice and tuna croquettes has such a homemade feel.
- BRAZILIAN STYLE RICE:
- INGREDIENTS: (For two or three people)
- 1 cup of long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup of shrimp
- 3/4 cup of assorted vegetables (peas, corn, green beans)
- 1 strip of red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 finely chopped garlic
- 1 small can of coconut milk (165 ml / 5.6 fl oz)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Seasoning: pepper, salt, oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 packet of “Sazón Goya” seasoning (coriander and annatto)
- TUNA CROQUETTES:
- 1 can of tuna (natural, on water)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- Seasonings to taste: salt, oregano, pepper
- Oil (to fry)
- To cook the rice, first fry the garlic on some oil in a pan, then add the shrimp, vegetables, seasonings, bell pepper, and parsley.
- Dissolve the chicken bouillon cube on a tablespoon of hot water, add then add it to the mix from above. Then add the rice, stirring to prevent sticking. Immediately add a cup of boiled water and also the coconut milk. Cover, and continue cooking over low heat for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, start preparing the croquettes:
- In a bowl, put together all the ingredients. It should become a homogeneous mix with which you can work with your hands to form balls or croquettes. Fry in hot oil for a couple of minutes on both sides. Then dry the oil out from them with plenty of paper towels.