This pumpkin and pear soup is definitely among my favorites, and to be quite honest, I never thought the pear would add such a special touch to this simple mix. Without a doubt the pumpkin is one of my favorite vegetables when it comes to making soups or creams.
The wonderful thing about soups is that they are easy to prepare, they can also be served as a starter-plate or as a main-course-plate, accompanied with some salad in case you may want to eat in a lighter fashion. You also have the option of making your soups and then freezing them, so that you can have them handy whenever you want. As you can see, there are many options and flavors that can be achieved with this type of recipes, because the pumpkin is quite versatile as an ingredient. I hope you will be tempted to prepare this delicacy, which I promise you will not be disappointed.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 500 grs (1 lb) of sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 pear
- 1 liter of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives and walnuts to decorate (optional)
- In a pan, melt the butter and fry the chopped onion (cut into large pieces) for about 4 minutes.
- Add the thyme, the diced pumpkin, and the pear (peeled and diced). Stir a little, and then add salt and pepper to taste. Finally add the broth or water.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Process all the mixture in a blender.
- Serve the soup with chopped chives and walnuts on top.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins