- 1 small Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 500 grs (1 lb) of sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 pear
- 1 liter of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives and walnuts to decorate (optional)
- In a pan, melt the butter and fry the chopped onion (cut into large pieces) for about 4 minutes.
- Add the thyme, the diced pumpkin, and the pear (peeled and diced). Stir a little, and then add salt and pepper to taste. Finally add the broth or water.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Process all the mixture in a blender.
- Serve the soup with chopped chives and walnuts on top.