The Tapenade, it’s the perfect appetizer prior to a lunch or dinner. Also, if you have a cocktails night, this is also a perfect snack. This simple recipe is actually a paste made of olives, and it’s important to use quality ingredients, as it will make a difference.
I should mention that in order to make this paste, you may use a mortar or a food processor. But there are some who prefer to chop everything with a good knife. There are always variations of this recipe, I hope you’ll like the version I present here. If you have guests, do not hesitate to surprise them with this delicacy.
- 1 baguette bread (you can use another type of bread, or even some kind of cookie).
- Olive oil
- Approximately 2 cups of assorted olives (green/black)
- 1 or 2 units of anchovies
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of capers
- 3 leaves of basil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cherry tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- Cut the baguette in slices, as shown in the photo above. Drizzle them with olive oil and a little bit of oregano. Put them in the oven for 7 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Meanwhile in a bowl (if you use a food processor or a mortar), mix all the remaining ingredients, such as olives, anchovies, garlic, capers, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil. Once everything has been ground, add the chopped cherry tomatoes to the mix.
- Put some of the paste on each slice of bread.
- Prep Time: 10 mins