Because we not only can make large croquette or omelet dishes, but we can also make these little croquettes as a side for our main course meals. The portions are perfect for children, plus the zucchini is so versatile. And along with the carrots, which provide a fairly sweet taste, they achieve a flavor that is so tasty and fresh. If you have a food processor, you can add in there the vegetables to get them grated or mashed, but you can also use the classic manual grater, as you can see in one of the pictures below.
My mother always made tuna croquettes, and that memory made me prepare a version with vegetables. Another detail is that they are usually fried, but I used oil spray, which is much healthier.
- 1 small onion, cut into squares
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 3 stirred eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Fry the onion in the oil for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the carrot and zucchini.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, stir the eggs and then add the above mixture.
- Fry this whole mix on a skillet sprayed with cooking oil. Place the croquettes on the skillet by using large spoonfuls, and fry for about 3 minutes per side.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins