Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Vive Mejor and DiMe Media. All opinions expressed are my own.
Each season has something of its own, and I’m not exactly sure which one would be my favorite. However, during spring and summer, because of their colors and life around, is that it somehow pushes one to make fresh recipes. A couple of days ago the summer has officially started in these lands, and some days the temperatures get so high that it is not appropriate to be outside. On the other hand, there are some other days that it is very pleasant to have a meal outdoors and enjoy the days at the pool.
While searching for a recipe that could bring memories of my summers in Chile, is that I found this delightful adaptation of Vanilla Ice Cream Coffee. Thanks to the delicious and rich flavor of the vanilla ice cream from Breyers®, I nailed it so that I could enjoy this delicacy.
This is a very refreshing and ideal recipe for those very hot days, and best of all is that you can make your own adaptations in regards to the ingredients. You can either use ground coffee or instant coffee, then it is completely optional if you want to also top it with some whipped cream, and you may even use vegetable milk if you wish, but the protagonist will definitely be the vanilla ice cream from Breyers®, which offers over 30 gluten free varieties that are the same Breyers® you know and love, but now with a gluten free logo on pack for easier identification.
As you can see, this recipe has its own twist, as it is a slightly different version from the standard recipe. But I assure you that you will love it, and it will be a great opportunity to enjoy it while you watch the 2nd #TuTwist web series at Vive Mejor.
Vanilla Ice Cream Coffee
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee or two servings of espresso coffee
- Sweetener to your liking, or a teaspoon of sugar
- 1 cup of cold liquid milk (can be skimmed or vegetable)
- 2 portions to your liking of Breyers® vanilla ice cream (such as 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream from Breyers®)
- Whipped cream to decorate
- Chocolate sauce or dulce de leche to decorate (optional)
- Wafer rolls (optional)
- 2 transparent glasses
- In a blender pour the milk, coffee, and sweetener (or sugar) to your liking. Mix well for a minute.
- Add a portion of vanilla ice cream into a glass, and immediately pour the coffee mixture.
- Top the glass contents with some whipped cream, as well as chocolate sauce or dulce de leche, and finally stick 1 or 2 wafer rolls into the ice cream.
- Serve with a straw.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
Leave a Reply