I admit it, I belong to that percentage of people who could not see the cauliflower when I was little, and as we grow up our tastes usually change, fortunately. And this is when a new world of possibilities opens up, a world of flavors. This Cauliflower with lemon and honey glaze is a very simple recipe to make, ideal as a side dish. Those flavors brought me some memories of Chinese cuisine.
This mixture of honey and lemon with some spiciness is too delicious, and it gives the cauliflower a flavor that is very different than usual.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.Print
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped into small squares
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, add the olive oil over medium heat. Wait for it to warm up a bit, and then begin adding the cauliflower florets, previously cut.
- Fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, until they turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, honey, paprika, and hot chili powder.
- Add this mixture to the cauliflower while it’s still in the skillet.
- Mix well and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- Once the liquid has reduced slightly, remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon juice and zest, finally add the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.