- 1/2 cup of jam (without fruit seeds or skins)
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (and a little more) of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Join all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder) into a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes (at least).
- Add the cream cheese, egg, and vanilla extract to that mix until everything is well combined.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the mix. Integrate well.
- Form small balls. Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Then press a thumb in the center of each ball to make a dip in the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and fill each cookie with jam. You may find this easier if using a disposable pastry bag or a Ziploc-type bag.
- Bake again for 10 additional minutes.
- Let cool before serving the cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins