- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar (brown sugar can also be used instead)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of liquid milk
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- Mix the oil and the 3/4 cup of sugar in a bowl. Add the eggs and stir well.
- Add the lemon zest to the mix. Then also add the flour and the baking powder gradually, together with the milk.
- Fill each cupcake mold with the mixture, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind the strawberries together with the 1/2 cup of sugar. This should make a sauce.
- Whip the cream until it gets a firm consistency, and then slowly add the strawberry sauce.
- Decorate each cupcake with the strawberry cream.