- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, without baking powder
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 80 grs of cold butter, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 fresh peeled peaches, or 3 units of canned peaches
Ingredients for the cream:
- 1 cup of liquid milk cream
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter to help joining the ingredients and achieve a kind of crumb texture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and milk, and then add to the previous flour mixture. Mix well.
- Place this mixture in a buttered mold of about 24 cms (9-10 inches) of diameter.
- Place the sliced peaches on the top.
- Bring this to the oven (at the same preheated temperature) for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the milk cream with the flour, trying to avoid making lumps. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
- Remove the mold from the oven, and pour the cream mixture on top of the dough (the one that was pre-baked for 15 minutes).
- Bring back to the oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 40 minutes.
- Try to achieve a golden-brown look on top.
- Once ready, let it cool down completely before unmolding.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins