- 1/2 cup of warm water (105°-115°F) (40°-46°C)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of warm milk (105°-115°F) (40°-46°C)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 4–4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour without baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter (for brushing the top of the bread)
- Combine the water, yeast, and a pinch of sugar in a small bowl. Stir until dissolved and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl or blender, combine the milk, salt, egg, sugar and the 1/3 cup of melted butter. Add the yeast mixture to it, stir a little, and then add 2 cups of flour. Mix well.
- Continue stirring for 2 minutes, then add the remaining flour gradually, ideally 1/2 cup.
- Place the dough on a counter or table sprinkled with some flour and knead the dough until smooth and does not stick to your fingers.
- Once ready, prepare a bowl with a little oil, if you have oil in spray that’s even better. Place the dough in the bowl, cover and let it stand for about 1 1/2 hour.
- Then divide the dough into 20 equal rolls. Should be round.
- Place them in a baking tray that is covered with parchment paper, and let stand again by for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Just before placing the tray in the oven, brush each roll with melted butter. You may add on top some sesame seeds, poppy, dried basil or any herb of your choice.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, ideally getting a brown color on top.
- Cook Time: 18 mins