- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar (can use brown sugar if desired)
- 3 cups of corn, in grains
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (ideally, but can also use milk instead)
- 5 basil leaves, plus a couple extra leaves for decoration
- Sauté the onion with the oil in a pan for about 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, and continue cooking for 2 additional minutes.
- Add the seeded corn, salt, pepper, and basil leaves. Stir well and then add water and vegetable broth or milk.
- Cooking this mix for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Process all the mixture through a blender.
- Serve the soup with some grains of corn and chopped basil on top.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins