- 1 liter of liquid milk.
- 1 cup of granulated (white) sugar.
- 3 teaspoon of instant coffee.
- 1 cup (240 ml / 8 fl oz) of aguardiente (“firewater ” – a distilled spirit, which is a type of brandy).
- 5 cloves.
- A piece of orange peel.
- A pinch of nutmeg (powder)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Heat the milk in a pot, along with the sugar, cloves, orange peel, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a cup, dissolve the 3 teaspoons of coffee with a bit of aguardiente. Set aside.
- When the milk boils, remove from the stove. Add the coffee and vanilla extract. Let it cool down.
- Finally, add the aguardiente.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and put it in a bottle.
- Serve chilled.