- 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of lucuma powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, stirred
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
DULCE DE LECHE DIP:
- To make the dip, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Pour the condensed milk into an 8 x 8 inch mold. Cover well with aluminum foil and place it on a baking dish. Pour hot water until it reaches half the height on both sides of the baking dish (bain-marie). Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Remove from the oven; place the preparation in a small bowl and beat until achieving a smooth texture. Add milk and lucuma, and beat again. Set aside.
FOR THE DOUGH:
- Add water, Country Crock® Spread, and salt into a medium saucepan, and bring it to a boil over high heat. Add flour. Then, bring it to low heat and stir vigorously for about 1 minute, until the mixture forms a ball. Remove from the heat and, stirring constantly, gradually incorporate the eggs until a smooth mixture is achieved.
- Heat two inches of oil to 360°F (180°C) in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a dish and set aside.
- Add the dough into a pastry bag with a large star-shaped tip. Pour three or four batches of dough (four inches long, each) into the oil. Fry both sides for about four minutes, until the dough acquires a golden color. Place the churros on absorbent paper, then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Serve with the dip.