1 1/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (Greek works perfect)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup grated carrot
226 grams (8oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Prepare the molds of the cupcakes.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and salt. Reserve.
- In a mixer or bowl, beat for about 2 minutes the eggs, sugar, and oil. Then add the vanilla extract, and sour cream (or yogurt).
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Then add the grated carrot. Mix well.
- Fill the molds leaving a slight space. Do not fill them all the way to the top.
- Bring them to the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Once cool, decorate with the following frosting:
- Beat the butter for 1 minute, then combine with the cream cheese, beat for 3 more minutes, add the vanilla and little by little the powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: bakery
Keywords: cupcakes, carrots, frosting