- 2 small chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup of Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 units of organic carrots
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken in a fillet manner. Season with salt and bring each piece to flour, stirred egg and Panko (if you like, you may season the Panko with some herbs that you may like).
- Place the chicken on a tray covered with foil covered with cooking spray or butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- For the mashed potatoes, cut the potatoes into not very large pieces, and preserving their skin. Season with sea salt, pepper and olive oil. Cover the baking tray (where the potatoes were baked) with aluminum foil, and bake for 25 minutes at the same temperature as the chicken is still cooking.
- Before removing from the oven, check that the potatoes are tender.
- Once ready, mash the potatoes and mix them with warm milk and melted butter. Rectify flavors, i.e. check if their salt and pepper contents tastes good.
- For the carrots, peel them, and cut them into medium pieces. Then, in a skillet with hot oil, saute the carrots for about 4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Cook for about 6 minutes more until they get soft. Reduce the broth and add the brown sugar, cook without cover and finally add a teaspoon of butter.
- To assemble the dish, place some rustic mashed-potatoes over the breaded chicken and then some carrots in their sauce.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins