- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- Sprigs of rosemary
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large Ziploc bag, or a bowl
- Mixed vegetables to your liking, I used sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, carrots and arugula to decorate.
- Place a clean and dry whole chicken in a Ziploc bag or bowl, and completely cover it with all the soy sauce and some sprigs of rosemary. Marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prepare a Pyrex baking dish with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the chicken on top of it, including the marinade (soy sauce and rosemary).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then check the browning of the chicken. If it hasn’t browned correctly yet, leave it in the oven. Once it takes that golden color, cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
- Lower the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- On another baking tray, put diced potatoes and carrots with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°F (180°C).