- 1½ of an onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 2½ or 3 cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of white wine (you can add more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- ¾ cup of mushrooms
- ½ cup of liquid cream
- 1 large tablespoon of gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Chop the onion into thin squares.
- In a skillet with some oil, fry the onion for about 3 minutes, add the rice.
- Stir well and add a little bit of chicken broth.
- Keep stirring; as the rice starts drying out, add more broth.
- After about 15 minutes of cooking, add the white wine and continue stirring.
- Meanwhile, in another pan with butter, sauté the mushrooms for about 4 minutes, add the cream and cook for about 2 more minutes, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in our risotto, add the cheeses.
- When the rice is at the desired point (i.e. at about 25 minutes of cooking), add the mushroom mixture.
- Cook for about 3 more minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Serve the risotto with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins