- 3 cups of peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 leek (white part only)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 liter of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of cream (optional)
- 1 green apple (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon-thyme
- In a pan, add the butter and chopped leek, fry for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the diced pumpkin, stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the broth, either vegetable or chicken.
- Let cook for about 20 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, on 1/2 teaspoon of butter saute the apple (diced into small cubes), add the sugar and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Then process the pumpkin mixture into the blender, it must get completely smooth.
- Before serving, rectify flavors.
- Serve in a bowl, place a teaspoon of cream on top, a little bit of caramelized apple, and chopped lemon-thyme.