- 50 gr (1.8 oz) of butter
- A pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/3 cups of sifted flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of milk caramel (dulce de leche) or custard
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Boil 1¼ cups of water with the butter, add the salt, and the lemon zest. Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the mix into low heat for a couple of seconds, and continue stirring until the dough separates itself from the pan in a single block.
- Remove the mix from the heat, and add the eggs one by one, stirring vigorously as we add each one of them (you may do this with a mixer, if you desire).
- Make dough portions by using a pastry bag (or 2 teaspoons), adding them on top of a baking tray that has been previously buttered, and bring them to a preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until they grow into dough puffs. Then, continue baking for another 10 minutes in a slightly lower heat. Remove from the oven, and let them cool down.
- Make a cut on one side, and fill them with milk caramel (dulce de leche) or custard. If so desired, you can serve them sprinkled with powdered sugar, or topped with caramel or chocolate.