INGREDIENTS FOR THE FLAN
- 1 can (20 oz) of DOLE® Pineapple Tidbits
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CARAMEL
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- First prepare the caramel by placing the sugar with water in a pot, when it starts to boil add the lemon juice, let it cook without stirring for about 10 minutes or until it turns brown.
- Once ready, very carefully pour the caramel in the large mold or in the individual molds.
- Separate the pineapples from their juice with the help of a strainer.
- Place that Dole pineapple juice (Canned Pineapple Tidbits) in a pot with the milks and sugar. Let cook until the sugar dissolves and then add the stirred eggs with the yolks.
- Pour this mixture into the molds and bring them to bain-marie in a baking container with water, in the oven for 50 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Let the flan cool down in the same molds.
- Take to the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Then place a dessert plate on top and quickly turn it with the mold. Lift the mold and let the caramel bathe the flan. Serve with pineapple chunks from DOLE (Canned Pineapple Tidbits), and also with coconut shavings if you so desire.