- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 125 grs of butter (3/4 cup approx.) at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- In a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder, and then add the salt.
- In another bowl, stir the butter for about two minutes, add the sugar and zest of lemon. Keep stirring for at least another 3 minutes, then add the vanilla extract and the lemon juice. Reduce the speed gradually to add the flour mixture.
- Form the dough, and divide it in two. Cover it completely in plastic wrap, and take it to the refrigerator for 30 minutes, so that the dough gets firm.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin, but covered with plastic on top. You can use the same plastic with which you wrapped the dough previously.
- Cut the cookies with the desired cutters. Place the cookies in a tray covered with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Before removing from the tray, allow the cookies to rest in the oven for at least 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack so they can cool down.