- 125 grs. (4.4 oz) of margarine or butter
- 150 grs. (5.3 oz) of granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of cognac (optional)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- ½ cup of milk if necessary
- Milk caramel (Dulce de Leche)
- Grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Join the margarine, sugar, and egg yolks. Then add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch), and then the cognac, vanilla extract, and milk if necessary.
- When a homogeneous dough is obtained, work with the rolling pin to extend, and then cutting out circles of the desired size.
- Place parchment paper on top of a baking tray, and then place the dough circles on top of it.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. When ready, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For half of the count of cookies after they cool down, spread about a tablespoon of Dulce de Leche (manjar) on one side of them. Then, place a second cookie on top of the Dulce de Leche and gently press to create a sandwich. Then, roll the sides on the coconut.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins