- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, or other kind.
- 1 red onion, chopped into squares
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of red bell pepper, chopped into small squares
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (you may add more or less, according to your taste). Can also be replaced by another type of spicy chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin (you can add less if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 grams (9 oz) of ground beef
- 1 cup of ripe tomatoes, chopped into small squares
- 1 cup of beef broth, or water may also be used instead.
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a saucepan, pour the oil and fry the onion for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and chopped bell pepper.
- Then add the dressings, also the chili / spicy chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook for about 4 additional minutes.
- Then add the tomato, beans and beef broth (or water).
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt with chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 21 mins