- 1 cauliflower
- 1 leek
- 1 white onion or Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter (and 1 extra teaspoon)
- 1 liter of vegetable broth, or hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup of almond (or cow’s) milk (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower flowers and set aside.
- Chop the onion and leek, then fry them for about 4-5 minutes in a hot pan with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add the cauliflower, (but save a few small flowers to be used as a garnish later on). Stir the mix a little, and then add the vegetable broth or water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Then process the entire mix on a blender.
- Rectify flavors. At this point you should check if you need more salt and pepper.
- You can also add almond (or cow’s) milk, but it is completely optional. I didn’t use it in this occasion.
- Just before serving, heat up a teaspoon of butter in a pan and fry some of the remaining cauliflower flowers for about 4 minutes. The idea is that they get browned. You can chop them in a smaller size, as they’ll be used to garnish the soup.
- Once ready, sprinkle them on top of the soup.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins