- 1 pack of beef tongue from Rumba Meats™
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup of milk
- 50 grs. (1.8 oz) of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Merkén (optional)
- In a pot, place the beef tongue, add 1 onion (cut in 4 pieces) and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cook with the covered pot over medium heat for 2 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, we will prepare the white sauce. For this, we’ll need to use a small pot to melt the butter, and then add the flour all at once, stir vigorously to mix the butter and flour well. Then slowly add the milk, and stir until everything is properly integrated and form a sauce without lumps.
- In a frying pan with a teaspoon of butter, sauté the mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and then add to the white sauce.
- Once the beef tongue is ready, place it on a cutting board and remove the skin that covers it. Cut thin slices and place them on the plate. Top with white sauce and mushrooms.
- Serve ideally with white rice and (if you have) also some merquén.