- 4 ounces slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook 2 minutes or until beginning to light brown, stirring frequently. Set aside on separate plate.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the saucepan and bring to a boil. add the quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 13-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Top with the almonds and cranberries. Drizzle with the honey (or sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.)