- 85 grs (3 oz) of butter
- 5 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 1/2 cup of flour without baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Dulce de leche (milk caramel)
- 300 grs (10 oz) of chocolate chips
- 150 grs (5 oz) of heavy whipping cream
- Mix the butter with sugar. Add the egg.
- Add the honey and vanilla extract.
- Then add the rest of dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Unite the dough well, without kneading.
- Then take the dough to the refrigerator for 1 hour, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll the dough into 1 cm (0.4 in) thick and cut circles with the help of a cookie-cutter mold.
- Place these circles on a baking tray (previously covered with parchment paper) and bake for exactly 5 minutes.
- Let cool and then join two circles together with dulce de leche (milk caramel). Repeat for the rest of the circles.
- Prepare the chocolate by melting the chips in bain-marie (double boiler) and adding a little of heavy whipping cream to it.
- As an alternative, you may also melt the chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds, and then stir for 30 more seconds. Add some heavy whipping cream, and keep stirring.
- Once the chocolate is ready, completely cover each alfajor with the chocolate. Let dry in the refrigerator.