In my home my oldest son has become a fan of pineapples, and although I always give it to him in just freshly cut chunks, this time I wanted to surprise him by innovating a little bit when giving him a dessert. And in these summer days, in which the kids are still enjoying their vacations, surprising my son with something like that is a real treat for him.
So, I decided once again to visit the Vive Mejor website, in order to get a little help and to find a good idea with the flavors that my kid likes. To my surprise, I have not only found a fabulous blend, but also a recipe that has precisely his favorite ice cream flavor, which is vanilla.
Although the original recipe is called Piña Colada Split, which is served in the same pineapple (and I think it’s a very good idea), I wanted to give it a little twist, and serve it in glasses in order to make a parfait-style dessert. And I must simply say that my son and everyone at home loved it!
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups grated or flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon green lemon zest
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 cherries
- Peel the pineapple and remove the center. Crush half of the pineapple, along with the spoonful of sugar. Chop the other half of the pineapple into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave for one minute.
- In a glass, place some crushed pineapple, then scoops of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, pineapple chunks, lemon zest, grated or flaked coconut, and a little more ice cream. In addition to the melted chocolate, finish with a cherry on top. Serves immediately.
You can find many more ideas and recipes in the Vive Mejor website, and also on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And I encourage you to give your own adaptation to this tasty recipe that I present today! Share your ideas in the Comments section below.