This Fruit and ice cream flatbread bowl is the result of simple flavors, but at the same time flavors that can bring me back to my childhood. And that’s what happens, it is almost unavoidable that those memories would be sweet, because just like most children I was also a big fan of desserts, although I must confess that I still am. That is why I try to look for ingredients that are as healthy as possible.
And in that search is that I wanted to use Flatout Flatbread The Original, because it is a base that is very easy to use, versatile, and tasty.
Of course, I wanted to give a special touch to the Flatbread with some cinnamon, as this will be the base for our delicious dessert. In my childhood I remember that the classic fruit salad was called “Tutti Frutti”, sometimes served with whipped cream on top, and some other times with a scoop of ice cream of any flavor you want. And in the right amounts, this can be a cool and ideal dessert for this summer.
- 2 Flatout Flatbread The Original
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or cooking spray
- At least 4 fruits of your choice
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 2 servings of ice cream of any flavor you want, I used vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the flatbreads into smaller portions, to fit cupcake molds, or if you want you can also use a larger mold. This shall be done to achieve a bowl shape on the flatbread. You may also brush the flatbreads with some oil, and then sprinkle some cinnamon powder.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the fruit that you chose and mix them with orange juice.
- When the bowl-shaped flatbreads are cold, fill each with some fruit salad, and then top them with a portion of ice cream.
This is a sponsored post by Flatout Flatbread. All opinions are my own.