I felt delighted when I created this recipe of Black beans hamburger. The truth is that I am not a vegetarian, but I like to try and enjoy new alternatives. This hamburger is super easy to make, it doesn’t take very long. The ingredients I indicate are ideal, but you can also vary some by others that may be more to your liking. The consistency was absolutely great, and not to mention the taste! I have to confess that I didn’t even miss having meat in this hamburger at all.
For this occasion I made the bread too, but that recipe will be in another post very soon. As you will see, I used very colorful vegetables when it comes to assembling my hamburger, I think the avocado brings an exquisite touch, as well as the cabbage and carrot. This hamburger is quite nutritious, I hope you are encouraged to prepare it.
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 unit of red bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of panko, or breadcrumbs, or chickpea (or tapioca) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chopped cilantro (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Unite all the ingredients in a food processor, or you can also use a blender.
- You may start off by giving shape to the hamburgers, this mixture should not stick to the hands.
- If that happens, you can add more panko or breadcrumbs until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, you can put some oil in spray if you desire.
- Cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Then, with some hamburger bread, build sandwiches with different fillings.
- This time I utilized some mayonnaise, avocado, purple cabbage, carrot, and broccoli sprouts.
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes posted in Mi Diario de Cocina, you can subscribe HERE. Remember that you can follow me through Facebook and Twitter. Or if you like the pictures and want more cooking ideas, you can also find me on Instagram and Pinterest.